Skin and Aesthetic manifestations needing endocrinological evaluation
- Hyperpigmentation (Acanthosis)
- Hypopigmentation (Vitiligo/Leukoderma)
- Greying of hairs
- Loss of body hairs
- Loss of scalp hairs
- Dry Skin
- Dry hairs
- Repeated skin infections
- Skin Sagging
- Brittle nails and hairs
- Excessive Body fat
- Stare look
- Excessive sweating/ perspiration
- Repeated nail infections
Few recommendations by Dr. Deepak Anjana V. Chaturvedi to remember before going for stem cells based therapies
- Stem cells based therapies have the potential to be a great futuristic medicine.
- The effects of Stem Cells based therapies are yet to be proven.
- Go autologous first.
- Don't pay very hefty amounts for the same.
- Don't expect miracles but stay optimistic.
- Evaluate yourself thoroughly before going ahead with it.
- Don't fall prey to tall claims made by the therapy providers.
- Don't leave your ongoing treatment (medicines etc) without consulting your doctor.
- Everything has a potential to give unwanted effects or to get fail. Please stay prepared for the same.
Dr. Deepak Anjana V. Chaturvedi's view on Diet
- 1. No fixed rules about eating behavior.
- 2. Living long (longevity), Living healthy (wellness), Improved quality of life index (Antiaging) and living comfortably with one or more disability and disease are different entities.
- 3. Every condition mentioned in point no.2 needs different dietary framework.
- 4. Affordability and availability are other issues in practical life.
- 5. Religious and cultural factors affect human eating behavior very much.
Dr.Deepak Chaturvedi strongly believes that disturbance of one hormone in the body brings simultaneous disturbances of other Endocrine (hormones) and metabolic components and hence advises you not to take the hormone replacement/corrective therapy as over the counter medication. The physiological roles of the hormones should not be considered as the pharmacological measures till there is enough clinical/laboratory evidence of hormones deficiency/Excess.
Dr.Deepak Chaturvedi insists that you should visit your physician if you find any of the symptoms of Hormonal imbalances in you and get yourself evaluated in depth.
If you want to schedule a consultation from Dr.Deepak Chaturvedi, then Click here