Menopause is the period in which a permanent cessation of menses occurs because of loss of ovarian activity. Menses usually cease between 50-52 years of age.
Menopause occurring before 40 years of age.
Cessation of menstrual flow because of surgical removal of uterus.
Period just before and after the menopause , usually ranging from 45-55 years of age.
Climacteric is a broad term encompassing the transitional years, the menopause, and the post menopausal years. This period reflects the decline and loss of ovarian function and the long term consequences of reduced estrogen levels.
Menopausal Symptoms and Complications
- Low libido
- Weight Gain
- Night Sweats
- Hot Flashes
- Painful Intercourse
- Dryness of Vagina
- Vaginal Itching
- Skin thinning
- Hairs thinning
- Sleep disturbances
- Mood and Memory disturbances
- Bone loss (Osteoporosis)
- Loss of muscle mass
- Cognitive decline
- Interpersonal relationship issues
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection
- Increased frequency of urination
- Cardiovascular complications
- Bone pains
- Muscle pains
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Other systemic Complications
- Symptoms of Hormones deficiencies
The concern about menopause should not just be the cessation of menstrual flow but is much more than that. The symptoms of aging associated with menopause deteriorate the quality of life. These symptoms can be very well taken care of and your Antiaging Specialist doctor may bring tremendous improvement in your quality of life and the productivity.
Menstrual Symptoms : (For Menstruating women)
Few recommendations by Dr. Deepak Anjana V. Chaturvedi to remember before going for stem cells based therapies
- Stem cells based therapies have the potential to be a great futuristic medicine.
- The effects of Stem Cells based therapies are yet to be proven.
- Go autologous first.
- Don't pay very hefty amounts for the same.
- Don't expect miracles but stay optimistic.
- Evaluate yourself thoroughly before going ahead with it.
- Don't fall prey to tall claims made by the therapy providers.
- Don't leave your ongoing treatment (medicines etc) without consulting your doctor.
- Everything has a potential to give unwanted effects or to get fail. Please stay prepared for the same.
Dr. Deepak Anjana V. Chaturvedi's view on Diet
- 1. No fixed rules about eating behavior.
- 2. Living long (longevity), Living healthy (wellness), Improved quality of life index (Antiaging) and living comfortably with one or more disability and disease are different entities.
- 3. Every condition mentioned in point no.2 needs different dietary framework.
- 4. Affordability and availability are other issues in practical life.
- 5. Religious and cultural factors affect human eating behavior very much.
Dr.Deepak Chaturvedi strongly believes that disturbance of one hormone in the body brings simultaneous disturbances of other Endocrine (hormones) and metabolic components and hence advises you not to take the hormone replacement/corrective therapy as over the counter medication. The physiological roles of the hormones should not be considered as the pharmacological measures till there is enough clinical/laboratory evidence of hormones deficiency/Excess.
Dr.Deepak Chaturvedi insists that you should visit your physician if you find any of the symptoms of Hormonal imbalances in you and get yourself evaluated in depth.
If you want to schedule a consultation from Dr.Deepak Chaturvedi, then Click here